Thank you to everyone who has inquired about the state of the camp. Your concern and support means more than you know.
Camp Aranzazu’s board and staff are 100% committed to getting past this tragedy and back to the business of serving children and adults with special needs and chronic illnesses. Our goal is to be fully operational by May 2018.
Many of you have asked how you can help us reach this goal.
- Money is of course at the top of the list. The estimated cost to repair, rebuild, and restore the camp is $1,083,570, which includes the amount covered by insurance. We have approximately half, which is encouraging.
- We also are always looking for new groups to come to camp. If you know of a non-profit organization that serves children with special needs and might be interested in coming to camp, please email Amelia Haslam, camp director (email@example.com).
- We also lost lots of things in the hurricane. You can find a list here and donate the items or the funds for us to purchase them again.
- We will have an online auction soon. Please check back for details.
- Like to hunt? Join us our first shooting event, which will take place in Houston on Tuesday, December 12, 2017. Details can be found here.
Thank you again for you concern and support. I have worked for numerous non-profit organizations during my career; none come close to having as many passionate, caring, generous friends as Camp Aranzazu.
Camp Aranzazu is a 501(c)3, not-for-profit organization in Rockport, Texas, that provides therapeutic recreation programs that are designed to enrich the lives of children and adults with chronic illnesses and special needs. Since 2006, we have served more than 20,000 campers from more than 50 counties in Texas.