We are excited that the first phase of our expansion is complete. Click here to see more photos. Phase II development of the 27 acres of waterfront and wetlands is underway! Campers camp look forward to:
- Development and implementation of new bayfront programming on Camp Aranzazu’s 27 acres on Copano Bay to include:
- Bird watching and identification in the new bird blind built by architecture students from the University of Texas
- Sensory nature exploration
- Nature painting and photography
- Nature hikes and scavenger hunts
- Seining and beach combing
- Bay sailing and boating
- Bayfront fishing
- Campfire and s’mores
- Continued development of the camp’s creative arts program, with greater focus on art activities that are unique and allow our campers to develop new skills and interests;
- Further development of our cooking classes and increased use of the Sarofim Arts Center kitchen; and
- New ropes elements to provide different challenges for campers of all abilities.
Camp Aranzazu provides year-round therapeutic recreation programs in Rockport, Texas designed to enrich the lives of children and adults with chronic illnesses disabilities and special needs. Our high quality programs include unique camping, environmental studies, and retreat experiences for groups with special needs and requirements. Thanks to the support from parents, camping partners, volunteers and donors, we are able to continue to offer life-changing therapeutic recreation activities to the individuals who need them the most. Camp Aranzazu is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults who have special needs.